For sale Keep fish and grow plants like we did 10 years ago

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Hi guys!

I haven't been running my setups for a while now I thought I would see if someone else is keen to take them off my hands as they are basically just taking up space in my garage. Unfortunately nothing is new or made by ADA but it will get somebody going who really wants to get into the hobby but does not want to break the bank.

They are for collection only in Centurion. I really would like everything to go in one big lot, it is basically enough stuff to kick start a fish room for someone (or expand an existing one).

So here goes nothing:

Tanks and stands:
    • 2 standard 3ft tanks
    • 1 standard 2ft tank
    • 2 black powder coated tubular steel stands, one holds a 3ft and the 2ft.
    • standard black plastic canopies for 2 of the tanks, wooden canopy that might need to be replaced for one of the 3ft.

Just so you know, these tanks have been around for a while, so they are probably due for a reseal. They also might need a little TLC, but I can point you in the right direction with that, too.

• Then there is a custom built display tank that I bought a few years ago and never got round to setting up.
    • Dimensions L, B, H: 100x45x50cm
    • black silicone
    • Custom lighting unit with 2 shortish t5 bulbs and freaking metal halide that gives the cool reflections of ripples on your ceiling (I believe these are all operational)
    • it is fitted for a sump (you get the sump too!) but you could modify it to run a big canister filter instead like Tom Barr does
    • The stand is covered with dark stained wood (probably pine) that looks quite nice, better than plain tubular steel does anyway

Equipment:
    • Fluval 304 (it works, just needs help with priming)
    • Aquaclear 20 (for the 2ft)
    • Aquaclear 50 (for the 3ft)
    • Assortment of heaters
    • 57 freaking kg CO2 freaking Cylinder with an industrial regulator (yes, that is not a typo, you will need a bakkie to fetch it. Back in the day when Lilaeopsis brasiliensis was the only ground cover we could get this was the only way Afrox would sell you CO2)
    • 3 bags (unopened) floride dark (if you wear bunny slippers and you would like this alone, let me know :D)
    • 1 bag (unopened) onyx sand (if you wear bunny slippers and you would like this alone, let me know :D)
    • Also have a pair of pruning scissors and planting tweezers
    • as many T8 bulbs and ballasts as you can find in my garage, no idea how operational they are
    • Assorted pumps, nets, thermometers etc (everything one might need to get going, the pumps are helpful with waterchanges)

I'll start the bidding at R2000 onco for the lot. Send me a PM if you would like everything and we can sort something out. (unless WBS decides he does want the substrate that he helped me to get one day some years ago, then the price will drop a bit). Of course, if you can get enough stakeholders to divide things up then that's another way to do it.

Cheers,
    Ryan

wearsbunnyslippers and Ryder like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Right so it seems that nobody wants everything, but perhaps some of you guys would like any of the individual items I mentioned?

I would be willing to sell each item that I mentioned (or small groups that make sense, like tanks and stands or bottle and reg) on a piecemeal basis.

But if someone still wants everything, let me know!

3. Adrian

Adrian Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    23%
    Hey ryan were are you based.

4. RoGe

RoGe Green fingers

• APSA Member
    51%
    or else I really would have considered it!

5. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    As RoGe said, I am in Centurion. Sort of between JHB and Pretoria in case you didn't know...