Introduction

Discussion in 'Please Introduce Yourself' started by jano, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jano

jano Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Hi Everyone

My name is Jano and I'am from Harrismith.Have been playing around with tropicals for about 8 years,but got out of hand in the last 3 years.I only keep tanganyikans.At the moment I have 29 species and about 40 tanks.
    Whant to learn from the pro's in keeping some plants with them aswell.
    Greate site guys.

Jano

2. Discus

Discus Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Hi Jano, and welcome to APSA - wow, I'm amazed you manage to find so many unusual fish in Harrismith of all places! Sounds like the bug has not only bitten, but chewed off most of your leg already :)

3. R.C.

R.C. Moderator Staff Member

• Global moderator
    23%
    Welcome to APSA, Jano.   8)

Wow, 40 tanks..?   :eek:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Jano

Good to have you here. Cameron has been threatening to take me down to see your place for some time now. He has a date set now, as soon as he gets his new car :)

Hehehehe, James!! :) It is quite strange that Jano has all those species and I can only find about a third of them here in Joburg.

5. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
  6. jano

jano Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Thanks everyone

Jared you Cameron And others are more than welcome to come and visit.At the moment I'am busy planning my new fish room,about 48 square meters when it is completed.Will be at the end of feb. next year.

What species are you looking for .

Jano

7. Andre

Andre Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    We want shellies!!

Welcome to APSA Jano. I was in Harrismith last year. Pity I did not know you were there otherwise I might have come to visit you :p

Please let us know how the fish room planning goes.

Andre

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I'm dieing to get my hands on some L. similis amongst others but I only really have space for L. similis now. But the list goes on and on and on. I understand how you can have 40 tanks and still want more.

I understand that you have B. tricotti. That's an awesome fish. I would like to get my hands on some of them some day. First need to build a fish room though.

Jano please could you tell us about your set up. How are the tanks laid out? How are you filtering the tanks? How much noise does your air compressor make? :) And so on. Thanks

9. jano

jano Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Hi Guys

Andre I do have similis, multis,brevis,brevis sunspots and some occies at the moment.
    Jared, at the moment all my fish are at my brothers place.I have a single garage and store room that are covered with styrofoam for the heat,it gets ......You know how cold here by us.The shelf are bolted to the walls and take 3 tanks on top of one a nother.There are some 500 liter container aswell where i rise my youngsters in.All the breeding tanks have a sponge filter in, stopping the youngsters from getting sucked up.
    The blower makes a bit of noise but you get use to it.
    Jared unlikkely I do not have Tricoti but they are on my most whanted list.I do have some wild caught furcifers, 6 females and a male.i saw this morning that the male started to dug a pit in the sand and that means that he's getting ready to breed.

Very excited about it.
    I also have 2 x 1000l containers that I use as pretanks to get my water ready for water changes.

I'll take some pic and post them next week.
    Jano

10. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    I can't wait to see pictures. Hopefully I can come visit next year some time, perhaps we could organise after I move up there. Should be just in time to see the new fish room.

I was wondering how your Paracyprichromis nigripinnis are doing? I'm moving my pair to a much bigger tank soon, and I have found someone who is willing to give me 6 more juveniles.

11. Cameron

Cameron Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Hey Jano

Welcome to APSA. I see you managed to figure out how the forum works, great stuff, it's really quite easy once you get used to it.

I've been wanting to come and visit you in Harrismith for how long now ? :scratch: ;D I should have my new wheels in the next couple of months so perhaps we can make a plan closer to the time. Would be fantastic to come and see your setup, t sounds great.

Yes please post some pictures when you get a chance, all our members want to see what you're up to :eek:

Cheers for now and keep well.

12. MichaelW

MichaelW Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Hi Jano!

40 Tanks!!!! You are my hero man!! :D Sounds like you have an amazing setup! Id love to see pictures and info of it all!

Cheers! ;)