Greetings

Discussion in 'Please Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

As some of you may know I'm Jared. I'm involved with IT at the moment I'm a systems administrator that is soon to change hopefully. /me crosses thumbs

I've started killing fish when I was about 10 or so (give or take a few years) I really couldn't get the hang of it. Mainly because there was no internet and the advice that LFS's gave was well exactly the same as they give now. BAD!! So I only started keeping fish about 5 years ago after a leave of absence from the hobby but now I'm back with vengence.

Currently I'm keeping Tanganyikan cichlids and a planted tank. I'm a huge fan of 4ft tanks as I have 3 of them. I have a 2ft standing around waiting for some substrate to be delivered from Cape Town. That tank will house cherry shrimp and a pair of emporer tetra's which I intend to breed. The third 4ft is standing empty at the moment, the plans for that are shellies and a few open water fish. So thats my small collection of tanks and fish. Hopefully it will grow in the next few months.

Cheers for now

2. Ryan

Ryan Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Hey man

Good luck with the emperors. I hope you get them to spawn. I've some in in LFS's a few times, but they usually had ich. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to rush home and put in your tank.

Cheers,
    Ryan.

3. Johan B

Johan B Noob

• APSA Member
    55%
    Jared as long as you get the Emperors from oom Bert, put them in a well planted tank with lots of hiding spots & feed the parents well you should'nt have any problems breeding them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Johan

Those emporers that Oom Bert had were the best specimens I've ever seen. I will definitely use them. :)

5. Celeste

Celeste Noob

• APSA Member
    55%
    beetlejuice, beetlejuice, be....
    Hey xmas-beetle, you said you hoped you wouldn't be doing what you are doing to long, so what DO you want to do?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well ideally I would like to retire but retiring at 23 just doesn't seem right.