Greetings from Neels

Discussion in 'Please Introduce Yourself' started by chiron, Jul 4, 2006.

1. chiron

chiron Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Hi

I'm 38 and involved in electronic mapping and auto-routing. I currently own a 3 ft circus tank, with moderate success with the plants.

I love planted tanks and find a well maintained and manicured one more beautiful than even a fully fledged reef tank. I like the plants more than the fish, although I have a fondness for rainbows.

I hope this forum is a success, although I have my doubts about all the SA forums popping up all over the place. But I really hope the planted section of this one can grow (pun intended) I am tired of reading about malawis :-\. I miss sections on Water Chemistry for planted tanks, Substrate, CO2, Equipment and of cause DIY though: these topics seem to take up the most space on Aquatek-L. I prefer a forum to a mailing list.

After almost three years of frustration and neraly leaving the hobby I am finally ready (have a bit of money :-*, and the living room floor has been tiled) to start my own 500l planted tank and will need lots of advice.

My biggest bugbear is the limited availability (at least to my knowledge) of good quality plants here in Pta (or Midrand), and I really hope this forum can help me on how to source the various species. I have nothing to contribute towards swapping at the moment, but am drooling over some of the plants other people have available (Cameron with his moss tank being a specific example) and would love to buy samples.

Beyond this my interests are computer games, classical music & opera, reading, ballroom dancing and oriental carpets.

Neels

2. Cameron

Cameron Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Greetings Neels, glad you made it, how did you hear about the forum?

Would love to help you out with your new setup. When you're ready just shout. I don't have access to rare plants right now but we have plans in the making ;)
    I do however have access to rare mosses, they take a bit of a knock getting here but they do slowly recover. I'll send you a price list if you want.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

3. chiron

chiron Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Thanks Cameron

From Aquatek-L. I am currently building a small fish room in my garage to house the top-off, sump, quarantine and other equipment and then I have to start the plumbing (and I suck at DIY) so I probably won't be ready in the next two months.

Neels

4. Andre

Andre Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Hi Neels

So you actually got the mail already. Thats great news!

I have a few plants available which I can send you. Will have to write up a list and let you know

Welcome!

5. Cameron

Cameron Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    No problem. Good luck with the plumbing :)