First Planted Aquarium and new to the forum

Discussion in 'Please Introduce Yourself' started by Eduard Hanekom, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Eduard Hanekom

Eduard Hanekom Noob

• APSA Member
    5%
    Good day, I am new to planted aquariums and this forum. I live in Silverfields Park, Krugersdorp and planted my first Aquarium on 4 August. A 35 days photograph is attached. The aquarium is planted in ADA Amazonia with CO2 injection (from a modified fire extinguisher fitted with an imported Chinese regulator) but no fertilizers yet. Lights are DIY in the front and center of the aquarium with one Zetlight ZP 4000 P in the back. The fish included are Pearl Gourami, Sparkling Gourami, Siamese Alge Eater, Kuhli Loach, Harlequin Rasbora, Black Neon and Glowlight tetra. My first batch of Sparkling gourami hatched and is maturing in a breeding box. There are also a few Amano Shrimp. The plants included (subject to correction since I tried to identify them afterwards) are Aponogeton Crispus, Echinodorus Grisebachii, Nymphaea Lotus 'Red', Cabomba Furcata, Cardamine Lyrata, Mayaca Fluviatilis, Micranthemum Umbrosum, Hydrocotyle Verticillata, Anubias Barteri var. Nana, Cryptocoryne Pygmaea, Eleocharis Parvula, Taxiphyllum Barbieri, Ceratophyllum Demersum and Pistia Stratiotes. Two plants remain unidentified.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from the community.

Regards,
    Eduard Hanekom

Aquarium day 35 APSA.jpg

mattie likes this.
  2. kosai1111

kosai1111 Noob

• APSA Member
    5%
    If speaking about little things most people don't even see into aquarium, then I have to say about bobbit worms. They can be met very rarely, but they look very nice. You can check the examples of photos, where there are some informations about them and their photo. You should see them, you can do it at https://arcreef.com/bristle-worms/bobbit-worm-eunice-aphroditois/.

3. Hendre

Hendre Plant menace

• APSA Member
    77%
    Welcome! That tank looks grand :D

4. Eduard Hanekom

Eduard Hanekom Noob

• APSA Member
    5%
    Thank you Hendre.