feng shui

Discussion in 'The Nursery' started by Celeste, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Celeste

Celeste Noob

• APSA Member
    55%
    So my mom gave me these floating candel holders that are use-less when out of water. So I have decided to pop them in this rather stero-type goldfish bowl I have, filled 2 thirds to the top with water.
    Now this is all great as my lounge has taken on a rather eastern look to it, as we used my bf's colours or red, black and white (as oppose to the bedroom which is all me in tie-dye, blue and white) so the bowl looks all fine and feng shui-ie but it does look a bit dull. So I popped in some duckweed thinking that, that stuff will grow just about anywhere, when I had a bright idea. Now I have already done this, but I just want to know if it will work. I tied on some java fern to an amethyst crystal of mine and placed some flat marbles on the bottom of the bowl, along with the java fern attached crystal. The bowl is in a light-filled part of the room, but it gets no direct sunlight.
    Will the java fern grow? or will my bowl get algea? I plan to do a water change everytime I do one for the big tank, should I add some of the tank water to the bowl? or just use normal water and will this work? ???

2. Cameron

Cameron Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    Yes it will work but not very well. You'll need to place a small lamp or at least in a brightish spot in the room. Plants are resilient but won't look their best without some sort of decent light source. Try it and see how it goes, if it's looking pear shaped after a month you need more light :)

And yes use tank water on the bowl. Post some pics of it if you can.

3. Celeste

Celeste Noob

• APSA Member
    55%
    it is in a "bright spot" it just doesn't get direct light.
    I will see how it goes, then post a pic.