DIY Inline CO2 Reactor / Heater + Digital CO2 Doser

Discussion in 'D.I.Y.' started by veldjakkals, Jun 24, 2014.

1. veldjakkals

veldjakkals Noob

• APSA Member
    90%
    Hi Guys

I am about to go where I generally fear to tread... DIY. But all you guys seem to have all the fun, so I will try my hand in it too.

So first thing: Digital Doser... Ordering some Clippard Mouse Solenoid Valves to get a nice little compact thing going. This will run on 12v DC, so would need to get an adapter for it. I would like to use it with a programmable timer, so you can have different dosing rates / times during the day/night. Getting a friend to assist with the programming part.:iamwithstupid: Also, want to add a digital pressure sensor, to monitor the regulator / CO2 bottle's pressure. (Because I can, and no use doing it, if you cant go overboard with it). Lots of possibilities I think. (The friend may even consider putting this on offer, should there be a market for it)

Then the Inline thing. Biting off a bit more that I can chew here, but as the plumbers say: 'Die k@k stink, maar die geld blink!'. Going to do something along the Sera concept, but instead of the output pipe in the middle, I will have the heater in the middle of a cylinder, with the inflow coming in off-center, so it creates the circulation around the heater. The CO2 will come in through a in-line CO2 atomizer before the reactor. Need to figure out what to do with the initial air on top though. Some sort of bleeding valve maybe...

http://www.sera.de/en/products/in_c...t/sera-flore-co2-active-reactor-500-1000.html

Please, if you guys have any comments, please feel free share your thoughts.

Also - I am quite excited about the Doser, so if there is a feature you might think I am missing, please don't be concerned about any ridicule, they don't know where you live.

2. dart

dart Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    Have you see this doser?

So clever...

3. R.C.

R.C. Moderator Staff Member

• Global moderator
    23%
    O.K., I think we talking pass one another in PM. I'm still talking regulators and you on to this ambitious endeavor. I'm going to sleep now, lol.

4. veldjakkals

veldjakkals Noob

• APSA Member
    90%
    Nope. I am with you. When I say digital doser, I mean more digital CO2doser / bubbler. Although, that is a nice clip.

5. JP01

JP01 Moderator Staff Member

• Global moderator
    73%
    Inline reactor works better with large bubbles with the flow trying to push the CO2 down and the bubble trying to float back up, if you use a atomizer the fine bubbles will just get blown through.