discus raw wound on face

Discussion in 'Discus' started by quinton, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    You are most probably right, pHishman, because I think that all of the fish could do with the treatment and the really sick fish is even more stressed in the quarantine tank, and would be more relaxed in the normal tank with his mates.

2. quinton

quinton Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    Hey guys

its a sad day for me. The fish that was was sick. Has died. I have made now arranged to get a prescription to get the metronidazole from a pharmacy. I will be treating my entire tank.
    Thanks again for the advice

3. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Valued Contributor

• APSA Member
    23%
    Sorry to hear

4. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Shame man, that is tough. Treat the other ones and let us see if we can help you to get this right.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Moolz likes this.
  5. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi Quinton,

So I see on the other forum that you are now looking to obtain new discus from Pretoria. Do you realize what sort of a risk you are running with bringing new fish into your setup to both your surviving fishes and the new ones that you are wanting to buy? With the mixture of bacteria, you could loose every last one to bacterial infection, we are not even talking about your present hole in the head problems. The fishes imported from Singapore and Malaysia are all infected with extremely antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Just as a word of advice.....

Kind regards,

Dirk

6. quinton

quinton Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    Hi @Dirk B

Im not sure you have the right Quinton, I am only registerd on this Tank Forum, We have not made any inquiries into bringing new fish, infact it was decided not to get any new discus for this year until I get my current stock Back up in good condition, however we donot import fish from Malaysia or Singapore, I do not have permits for that kind of scale, I think there is other person making those inquiries,
    The bacteria problem has really got me shocked at the how fast it killed a perfectly healthy looking fish, my main focus this year is to try and get them more healthy, IE, better feeding etc..

thank you for the heads up, really appreciate the advice given on this forum

7. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    OK fine, then there must be more than one Quinton keeping discus in Durban, looks like you should get together:).

Combining discus from different sources can be a nightmare as I have explained and I wanted make sure that another disappointment was not going to happen.

It is a very good idea to get your feeding sorted out and everything set up properly before you expand again.

Kind regards,

Dirk

8. quinton

quinton Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    you right boet, its a nightmare, thanks again,

9. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi Quinton,

It actually does not need to be a nightmare really. The nightmare is actually getting correct information, the internet is full of conflicting information and if you start off, you do not know whom to believe. By now there are some very knowledgable people in South Africa. I would strongly advise you to visit my friend on the Bluff. He has beautiful discus and that will serve as an inspiration, I am sure. He is the one who has the food, so make a date and go and see him. He also keeps his fishes under perfect conditions and you can see how pretty a discus really can look. Will send you a pm.

Kind regards,

Dirk

quinton likes this.
  10. quinton

quinton Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    Great stuff Dirk, I am near the bluff, so I will make some arrangements, BTW, seen you guys Discus on this forum and they really are impressive:)