Clare in the UK

Discussion in 'Please Introduce Yourself' started by ClareZA, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    23%
    Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi Clare,

[/QUOTE] I'll see you on TASA if you're around there, at least I'm welcome there and more activity going on as well. [/QUOTE]

As commented above, that is the last place you will see me again, for the reasons that I gave. The forum is owned by one of those that decided to mug me, so I definitely do not feel welcome there.

Admin or not, this forum is still where you will find me occasionally. My activities are still a good mix of plants and fishes which is better looked after here. I keep many complex guppy strains, Endler guppy strains, killifishes and unknown African Cichlids which I can supply to interested parties, at non-ripoff prices. I also still get regular requests for my aquatic fertilizers and still supply them to interested folks.

Kind regards,

Dirk[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

3. Wes

Wes Noob

• APSA Member
    15%
    As I know most people in this thread personally I'll add my 2c. Yes, social media is horrible, whatsapp being the worst for me so far. I found that one out the hard way with hypocrites taking pot shots. It turned me into a misanthrope and I only deal with a select few that I trust. One thing some of these folks are probably not aware of is that laws have adapted to the problems of social media and you can't belittle someone or their product anymore because of ones own opinions publicly. If opinionated comments or rumors touches your business income you have grounds for a slander lawsuit these days.

4. mik786

mik786 Green fingers

• APSA Member
    9%
    I'll see you on TASA if you're around there, at least I'm welcome there and more activity going on as well. [/QUOTE]

As commented above, that is the last place you will see me again, for the reasons that I gave. The forum is owned by one of those that decided to mug me, so I definitely do not feel welcome there.

Admin or not, this forum is still where you will find me occasionally. My activities are still a good mix of plants and fishes which is better looked after here. I keep many complex guppy strains, Endler guppy strains, killifishes and unknown African Cichlids which I can supply to interested parties, at non-ripoff prices. I also still get regular requests for my aquatic fertilizers and still supply them to interested folks.

Kind regards,

Dirk[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Have you considered created your own blog, or site?.
    Your articles are scattered here and there, and now on social media, will be lost for public viewing.
    Tomm barr started on forums, then created the barreport. Dennis wong did similar, creating this https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/ with a YouTube channel -where info is structured.

With your own site, you can kick off annoying users, or to answer their questions.

5. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi mik786,

I have considered creating my own blog, yes. My articles are scattered here and there, over many years, on the internet, but also in magazines, but that does not really bother me, they can still be accessed and used by persons as genuine advice. As a scientist, the internet frustrates me tremendously as there is no check on a poster's credibility nor identity, anyone can just voice an opinion from behind a pseudonym and this is then accepted in spite of a considerable credibility gap. So the public media have this problem, which in my opinion is insurmountable, you cannot find out if the information that is posted is reliable and therefore of any use. Google my name and you can see the amount of nonsense that has been thrown at me on this medium. In the scientific world, I have written many publications that have been peer reviewed and, as a consequence of their assessed quality, been published in international journals of high standing. So I may consider writing my own blog in future, if I decide that I would want to invest my time on this medium. I would like to help other aquarists, and I still do so regularly, but no longer via forums or the internet for the reasons that I have just given.

Kind regards,

Dirk

mik786 and postrus like this.