BROWN PAIR WANTED

Discussion in 'Discus' started by Gerry, May 30, 2007.

1. Gerry

Gerry Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    I am looking for a mated pair of brown discus to purchase or 6 young fish. Anybody got or suggestions where to look. Not looking to pay fancy prices

2. Peter

Peter Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Hi Gerry

I can't find any up here for you sorry, the few who have, keep them for fostering. I know Gavin is getting rid of some of his stock and will try and get in touch with him to what is left, if he does have, I'll PM his phone number

3. Gerry

Gerry Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    Thanks for trying. I want them to attemp fostering my blue diamonds and sunset discus (who are regulare spawners) but poor parents.
    From the sunset I once got 80 fry feeding off the parents and today have about 40 left after haven given a few away (although they are still small) and some babies having died after about 6 weeks.
    I have a mixture of young adults ( cross blue diamond and cobalt ) who have dark bodies who may be suitable for fostering - about 3 weeks ago I gave three to my son and he has wrigglers with their second spawning in a community tank.

Regards

4. Peter

Peter Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Maybe give this a try?

I"˜ve had the challenge with aggressive brooders, which fought to be in control of the nest or got on each other’s nerves after a week or so. In both cases I have hand raised them in a 1 foot (after 3-days of first food from the parents) with great success.

Spoke to Gavin and he has 1 male and 3 females left and says the male will spawn with anyone of the females, so.... you have a choice with the "girls"

5. Gerry

Gerry Noob

• APSA Member
    80%
    many thanks for the help. Will phone Gavin