Anubias

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by Brendon, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Brendon

Brendon Noob

• APSA Member
    15%
    Hi,

My anubias had green leaves, then the same green leaves developed yellow patches. Which turn into holes. The plants have been grown submerged. Any ideas?

Thanks IMG_20181001_190541.jpg IMG_20181001_190541.jpg IMG_20181001_190541.jpg IMG_20181001_190541.jpg IMG_20181001_190600.jpg

2. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi Brendon,

I can see you are in Boksburg which obviously tells me you are getting Rand Water as your tapwater. That tells me something immediately about the hardness of your water. What sort of fertilizers are you using and what sort of lights are you using? That will decide what is going on here. Let us know and then we can make some suggestions.

Kind regards,

Dirk

3. Brendon

Brendon Noob

• APSA Member
    15%
    Hi Dirk, Thank you for the reply. I am dosing iron, phosphate, excel, micronutrients, CO2 injection, roottabs for crypts and the light I have now is the zet light A1200.

4. Brendon

Brendon Noob

• APSA Member
    15%
    Hi Dirk, Thank you for the reply. I am dosing iron, phosphate, excel, micronutrients, CO2 injection, aquavitro primer for Potassium and Nitrogen and also rely on the fish for those two. Now I have a zetlight A1200

5. Dirk B

Dirk B Aquascaper

• APSA Member
    73%
    Hi Brendon,

So according to what you explain to us, this problem should not be occurring. What can now be out of balance is the relative amount of the nutrients that you are adding, too much or too little of the one or the other component. Unless you follow the instructions precisely, you have a good chance of getting these problems. Furthermore, you do not know what your tapwater hardness is?

Anubias are actually very easy to grow with the minimum of fertilizers, they just grow slowly regardless of fertilizers and lighting. So maybe you just need to do a big water change and things will improve. I would also not fertilize with nitrogen as they react badly to nitrogen/nitrate overdose.

Kind regards,

Dirk