Angels

Discussion in 'Other Cichlids' started by GDJ, Sep 7, 2007.

1. GDJ

GDJ Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Those of you that know me will wonder why I post in the Cichlid Section but I have a valid reason.

A couple of Andre's angels came for a visit, while he was moving house and sorting out fishrooms etc.
    So last night he came to collect them and we took a couple of pics of the Rio Negro.

Not professional quality pics but at least you can see it's a stunning fish.

[​IMG]

more

[​IMG]

For size refference.

[​IMG]

Andre sorry but I just could not resist.

2. Andre

Andre Green fingers

• APSA Member
    37%
    No problemo

Guys, when the fish went to visit Gawie it was quite stunted. I kept 10 of these fish together and this one was the smallest and a bit stunted. At Gawie's place he was kept in a high 1.5m tank with a few other angels and I really could not believe my eyes when I saw him a few weeks later.

Apart from the big tank he was also fed on a variety of Omega One products including First Flakes and Kelp Flakes. I feel that this also made a big difference and would recommend the Omega One range to anyone.

Thanks for keeping the fish for me Gawie.

3. GDJ

GDJ Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Thanks for the kind words Andre.

I fed them the same as I feed any of my other fish.
    I feed a combination of Omega One Tropical flakes / Super Kelp Flakes or Kelp pellets as the base.
    Every third or fourth feed I substitute the Tropical flakes for First Flake.
    There was Rainbows in the tank with them so they did snack on Color Flake too.

Every second week I feed a small amount of Garlic Marine pellets (Just to get garlic into the diet.)

For treats once or twice a week they get bloodworm or daphnia.

Every now and then I also fed an extra feeder to the gars they would normally allow the Rio Negro get it.