6ft Cabinet Tank For Sale - R1700 NEG !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Apoc, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apoc

Apoc Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Hi all,

Ive decided to sell my 6ft tank, so the following is up for grabs;

Dimensions: 1800 x 500 x 650
    Steel Stand
    Cabinet and canopy

!! NOTE:

There are some chips / cracks which have developed in the left rear corner. I don’t use the over-flow in the tank, so that section is only half full at the moment ( No leaks ).

To give you an idea of the damages ive included one or two pics below ( Please PM me if you would like more ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im going to be replacing this tank, so I would like to sell it and I am MORE than willing to accept ANY reasonable offers. The tank is still in use and holding water fine.

I have it on good authority that it is " Possible " to repair, but quite frankly im not willing to go to the effort, nor risk it degrading again over time. If you are willing to put in some elbow grease, this could prove to be a useful investment !

Unfortunately I am not an expert in matters such as these, so if you are interested please come and have a look. I will be open and frank, show you the damages, and then you can decide for yourself.

Sale will include the tank, steel stand, canopy and cabinet only. Buyer MUST arrange own transport / collection ( please ensure that you have a minimum of SIX strong lads to assist ! Im NOT joking, this tank is e’ffing heavy ! ).

R1,700 and its yours... alternately, make me an offer !

If you nervous about the cracks, please consider the following;

Owing to its size you could easily make an incredible vivarium / terrarium for larger reptiles etc ( For those of you who have friends or family in the reptile hobby, please circulate this add to anyone who may be interested )..... :icon_thumright:

Alternately you could only half fill the tank ( to lessen pressure significantly ) and make an awesome river-scape with emmersed plants etc on top.... :icon_thumright:

Or as Ghostsworth pointed out yesterday, wack it in the garden and make an emmersed propogation set-up exclusively ! :icon_thumright:

I firmly believe that this tank has NOT come to the end of its useful life, so I believe R1,700 is fair "“ Let me know guys... with Christmas around the corner, this may make a nice project for the holidays, and I am undoubtedly open to offers !

Below are just a few random pics of the tank in its hey-day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would like to keep the sale within the hobby, so I will only be advertising on junkmail etc next week sometime... always better to deal with you guys :thumbsup:

So even if you have the slightest interest... PM me so that we can make arrangements for you to view the tank... it could be worth your while !! :happy7:

Thanks Guys !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Apoc

Apoc Algae harvester

• APSA Member
    40%
    Sorry guys, seems the salvage is infact already spoken for......

Mods, please DELETE thread. If it becomes available again ( unlikely ), then I will open a new thread again....

With Appreciation !

3. HC

HC Plant menace

• APSA Member
    77%
    lol that was quick holy crap lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.